When we come up for a holiday at Sykehouse Cottage, there are certain things we love to do. Here are five of our favourites.
1) Walk across the fields for a gorgeous pub lunch at the Blacksmiths Arms, Broughton Mills. Click here for details of opening hours on their website.
2) Ride on the La’al Ratty : the Ravenglass and Eskdale Steam Railway. Click here for their details.
3) Run around Muncaster Castle for the “Luck” and a pose in the stocks. Click here for their website.
4) Imagine, for a moment, living at Blackwell, one of the country’s finest Arts and Crafts houses. The stained glass! The views! Visit the website here.
5) Have a mooch around the lovely clothes, craft and book shops in Market Street, Ulverston.